The Victory Garden
Antoinette and Dave Victory
Address: 7 Bremore Cottages, Bremore, Balbriggan, Co Dublin, K32FC94
Facebook: The Victory Garden
The cottages in Bremore date from the mid 1930's and the garden would have served as a potager. The gardens have been extensively re-developed over the last ten years and extend to half an acre.
Located on a gentle south facing slope and, due to our proximity to the coast, we enjoy a long growing season. Our objective is to have interest all year round. We have created a varied and informal planting scheme structured around 250 metres of wandering pathways. A strong backbone of trees and shrubs pull the planting arrangements together as the seasons progress. The year starts with a growing collection of snowdrops, followed by a wide variety of spring bulbs leading into summer. This is very much a plantsman’s garden with many plants propagated from seed and cuttings.
The garden was featured in The Irish Garden magazine (July 2023).
- We are 35Km north of Dublin, 5mins off the M1 motorway.
- Only 20 mins from Dublin Airport.
- Bus Route 101 from Dublin Busáras (get off at Flemington Lane stop). We are 160m up the 'lane' on the right.
- Also by train to Balbriggan (15min walk from station).
- May-August : Open without appointment Fri 2:00- 4:30pm and Sat 11.00am- 4:30pm
- September-April : By appointment only. Please contact us to arrange your visit.
- Please follow our social media for 'special' days we may add.
Garden admission €7.
- Tea/Coffee/Biscuits/(and cake if you're lucky!) by prior arrangement
- Groups by appointment
- Tour and talk by appointment
- Plants for sale.
- No dogs please